Spooky season is officially here and everyone is ready to break out the pumpkins, sweaters, and (of course) costumes! Stella & Chewy’s has some tips to help you pick the perfect costume for your furry friend.
Once you find your favorite costume, be sure to enter your pet to win the Stella & Chewy’s Howl-O-Ween Costume Contest! Follow @stellaandchewys on Instagram and post a photo of your cat or dog in their costume with #StellaHowlOWeen for a chance to win the ultimate treat bucket! Check out our Instagram post for the full contest details.
Keep it simple!
- A great costume can be as easy as a white sheet. Grab an old sheet or white shirt, cut some holes, and suddenly you have an adorable ghost costume! Or, break out the toilet paper you’ve stocked up on for a cute mummy.
Make it cozy!
- It can be pretty chilly in October, keep your pet warm by dressing them up in a fluffy costume or fuzzy Halloween sweater. When it comes to pet costumes comfort is key, and this will make sure your pet is both adorable and warm all day long!
- Cute costumes don’t have to break the bank. Use what you have around the house to create your pet’s costume! Try using cotton and felt make your pet into a wooly lamb or combine soda bottles and construction paper to create an amazing DIY jetpack. Toilet paper or gauze can also be used for a quick and easy mummy costume!
Use your favorite movie as inspiration!
- Movie characters make great costumes for both people and pets alike! Try out a magical or spooky character for a creative and unique pet costume.
Put your pet to work!
- From firefighters to mail carriers, there are a wide variety of careers that make cute costumes!
Give pumpkin a try!
- Pumpkin isn’t just a delicious treat, it is also an adorable Halloween costume idea! Pick up a pumpkin costume at the store or make one at home for the perfect fall-themed outfit.
Keep it classic!
- Pirates, witches, and unicorns are all iconic Halloween looks that your pet could rock. Be careful, your adorable pirate might go on a treasure hunt to steal all of the treats!
Do what’s best for your pet!
- Not every pet is comfortable wearing a costume, so try a headband, cape, or Halloween bandana to make sure they are happy in the costume they are wearing!
Bring tons of treats!
- Wearing a costume, especially for the first time, can be unfamiliar and uncomfortable for some pets. Be sure to take it slow and give your pet plenty of treats to create a positive experience for your pet. You can even incorporate the treats into the costume! Carnivore Crunch is the perfect snack for a hungry dinosaur and Wild Weenies go great with a hot dog costume!
No matter what you and your pets dress up as this Halloween, be sure to stay warm, stay safe, and have fun. We cannot wait to see your costumes! #StellaHowlOWeen