Last updated: June 21, 2023
If you are a California resident, please read our California Notice at Collection and Privacy Notice.
If you are a resident of Colorado, Connecticut, or Virginia, please read our U.S. State Privacy Supplement.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you in various ways and from various sources. For example, you may provide personal information directly to us, we may collect certain information about you automatically through your use of the Services, or we may obtain information about you from other sources.
Information You Provide To Us
When you use the Services, you may, among other activities, order products and services; subscribe to Stella & Chewy’s mailing lists; participate in contests, sweepstakes or other promotions; register to create an online account; or submit an inquiry or communicate with us. The information that you provide to us and that we collect or receive depends on your relationship with us and your interaction with the Services, but may include name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, or job title. In addition, you may be asked to provide us or one of our vendors with payment information, such as your credit card or debit card number, where needed, such as when completing a purchase.
Information We Collect Automatically
We, our partners, advertisers, advertising networks or other vendors or service providers. may automatically collect certain information when you visit our Website, open our emails or otherwise use the Services. Such automatically collected information may include:
- The type of browser and operating system you are using.
- Your IP address or mobile device identifier.
- Unique online identifier or device identifier, such as Identifiers for Advertisers (“IDFA”)
- The domain name of your internet service provider.
- The date and time of a visit, information about the content you view and the features you access, the number of links you click within the Website, as well as your activity and behavior on our Services.
- Location-based information regarding the city, state or country from which you accessed our Services.
- Information regarding the advertisements you have interacted with, viewed or accessed, such as the number of times you view an advertisement.
- Information reflecting your preferences, trends and/or behavior while using the Website or Services
This personal information may be combined and linked with personal information from other sources, including personal information. Please see the “Online Tracking And Advertising” section below for additional information.
Information We Obtain From Other Sources
Your employer or other person or entity with which you are affiliated may provide us with certain information about you. For example, your company may provide us with your name and business contact details in connection with corporate accounts and product purchasing. We may also collect commercial information, such as information about products you purchase and where you purchase them. We may also collect information about you via social media, as described in the “Social Media and Other Platforms” section below.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
- To operate and provide the Services to you, or to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide us with information.
- To process and facilitate payment.
- To deliver the information, products or services you have requested from us.
- To market to you and offer other information, products, programs or services that may be of interest.
- To help us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences and recognize you when you use our Services.
- To evaluate your eligibility for certain products and Services.
- To improve the design and content of our products and Services, which includes using analytics to develop new products and services.
- To conduct research and analytics.
- To enable us to customize your user experience and analyze site usage, including by tracking the Services you have used.
- To offer you enhanced products, programs, or services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Stella & Chewy’s, including for billing and collection, and as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety or property of Stella & Chewy’s and its Services, its employees or agents, or other users or to comply with applicable law.
- To communicate with you, including to notify you about changes to our Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information, or otherwise at your direction or with your consent.
- As permitted by law or as we may notify you.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION
We may share the information we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, as follows:
- With our affiliates.
- With our service providers, business partners and vendors. We may share your information with our service providers, business partners and vendors on which we rely to, for example, assist us in providing the Services to you. These entities may use your information as is necessary or appropriate for the performance of the services they provide to us, or as otherwise contractually permitted.
- We may permit some of our service providers to create, use and/or share aggregate, anonymous or de-identified information, including for their marketing or analytics use.
- When you request any products or services, we may share your information to the extent necessary to fulfill your request.
- We will disclose information we collect about you when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request.
SCHOOL OF RAW
We collect and maintain information that you may provide to us through your use of and participation in the School of Raw, including your name, email address(es), and retailer information. We may also automatically collect certain information when you use School of Raw. Automatically collected information may, for example, include: IP address and date and time of your last login. If your account is made available by your employer or another third party, we will receive certain account registration details about you, such as your name and contact information, from the third party who makes your School of Raw account available to you.
We may use information as outlined in the “How We Use the Information” section above, including to provide you with pertinent training, better understand your interests, analyze usage patterns, and let you know about products and services that may be of an interest to you. We may also disclose information as outlined in the “How We Share the Information” section above. If your account is made available by your employer or another third party, we may also share certain information and account details with the party that sponsors your account, which may include information regarding your interaction with School of Raw (e.g., training module progress).
ONLINE TRACKING AND ADVERTISING
- Provide us with information about which portions of our Website are the most popular by enabling us to see what web pages a user visits and how much time a user spends on each page.
- Personalize your experience on our Services (e.g., to recognize you by name when you return to our site, to save your password in password-protected areas, to enable shopping carts, or to tailor content, or product and service offerings).
- Help us advertise to you and understand which ads you have seen.
A web beacon is an electronic image called a single-pixel or “clear gif” that is a small piece of code that is used to collect anonymous and aggregate advertising metrics, such as the counting of page views, promotion views, or advertising responses. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information, such as a user’s cookie number, time and date of a page view, and description of the page where the web beacon is placed. These web beacons may be used to deliver cookies.
Mobile Device IDs
Certain mobile devices, including smart phones and tablet devices, contain unique device IDs that can be used to identify their physical location. Some mobile device IDs are permanent, while others may be changed by accessing the device’s privacy settings. Mobile devices also typically transmit caller ID data (which may include a phone number) when used to transmit a telephone call or text message. When you use mobile devices to access our Services, we may collect and transmit unique device IDs and collect caller ID data, as well as other information about your device, including without limitation, your wireless carrier, the make, model, operating system, capacity and settings of your device, the names, package IDs and versions of other software you have downloaded to your device and information about how you interact with and navigate within our Service.
These tracking technologies described above may be deployed by us and/or by our service providers or partners on our behalf. These technologies enable us to assign a unique number to you and may allow us to relate your use of the relevant Services to other information about you, including your usage information and personal information. We may match information collected from you through different means or at different times and combine such information with information obtained from other sources (including third parties), such as demographic information and updated contact information (where that information has been lawfully disclosed to us), for the purposes of learning more about you so we can provide you with relevant content.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES OR OTHER SERVICES
SOCIAL MEDIA AND OTHER PLATFORMS
Our Services may allow you to enable or log in via various online platforms, including social networking services like Facebook or Instagram (“Third-Party Platforms”). Our Services may also enable you to access these Third-Party Platforms directly or indirectly through our Services. By integrating these Third-Party Platforms, we aim to make your online experiences richer and more personalized. When you add a Third-Party Platform account to our Services or log-in to our Services using your Third-Party Platform account, we may collect relevant information necessary to enable our Services to access that Third-Party Platform and your personal information contained within that Third-Party Platform. We also may share your information with the operator of that Third-Party Platform to facilitate or enhance delivery of that Third-Party Platform or other services to you.
When you use our Services, you may have the option of posting your activities on our Services and other content to Third-Party Platforms. If you choose to make any of your activities or other content available through a Third-Party Platform or you engage in other activities in connection with a Third-Party Platform, your friends, followers, subscribers, and potentially the general public, on those Third-Party Platforms that you have enabled will be able to view those contributions and activities.
Please remember that the manner in which Third-Party Platforms use, store, and disclose your information is governed by the policies of such third parties. Stella & Chewy’s is not responsible for the privacy practices or other actions of any Third-Party Platforms that may be enabled within our Services. You should review and, if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on Third-Party Platforms before linking or connecting them to the Services.
CHOICES RELATED TO ONLINE TRACKING AND ADVERTISING
Most browsers and devices are configured to accept cookies and similar tracking technologies automatically. You may be able to set your browser and device options so to limit such technologies. Choices are typically device and browser specific. Please see https://allaboutcookies.org/how-to-manage-cookies for additional information.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and processed, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal information, we will consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk from unauthorized use or disclosure, the purposes for which we process personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and applicable legal requirements.
REMOVING OR UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our Services are not intended for users under the age of 16, and Stella & Chewy’s does not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 16. No one under the age of 16 is permitted to access or use the Stella & Chewy’s Services or to provide Stella & Chewy’s with personal information. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we have collected information from your child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-477-8977, ex. 100.
Any information we obtain about you in connection with your use of the Services may be processed and stored in the United States or other countries.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Sign up and save $3
Get the occasional email with exclusive offers, content and adorable pet pics!
By entering your information, you are opting in to receive communication from Stella & Chewy's