Valentine’s Day is a great opportunity to show your dog you love them, and your good boy or girl deserves something special! Try one of these easy DIY dog treat recipes using simple ingredients dogs love.
They may look like real cakes, but they’re actually special pupcakes that are a great way to give your dog complete and balanced nutrition, with an added boost of protein, calcium, and probiotics from the yogurt!
- Stella & Chewy’s frozen raw dinner patties
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Fresh berries
- Thaw frozen raw dinner patties overnight (for 4-6 hours) in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- Layer patties & Greek yogurt to build the pupcake
- Finish with a layer of yogurt on top & decorate with berries
Pupcakes are best enjoyed fresh, but they can sit out for up to 2 hours.
Bountiful Beefy Biscuits
These Bountiful Beefy Biscuits are a hit with dogs who love the taste of beef, and you can customize the size with your choice of cookie cutter.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp. rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2/3 cup Bountiful Bone Broth (beef)
- 1/4 cup smooth xylitol-free peanut butter
- Marie’s Magical Dinner Dust (beef)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Gently whisk Bountiful Bone Broth & egg together.
- Slowly mix in whole wheat flour & oats.
- Roll out on lightly floured surface to approximately 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out cookies with cookie cutters & transfer to parchment-lined cookie sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While biscuits are still warm, whisk together coconut oil & peanut butter. Drizzle over treats.
- Decorate with Marie’s Magical Dinner Dust or your favorite topper.
- Let cool until glaze hardens (fridge or freezer is best).
You can keep any leftovers fresh in the fridge for 7 to 10 days.Optional, substitute Bountiful Beef Bone Broth and/or Marie’s Magical Dinner Dust Beef for your pup’s favorite protein.
3 Good-to-the-Last-Lick Pupsicle Recipes
Pupsicles (dog popsicles) are a great option because they’re full of healthy ingredients and help keep dogs hydrated. You can also fill your dog’s chew toy and freeze it for an even longer-lasting treat. Store any unused pupsicles in a sealed container for up to one month in the freezer.
1. Frozen Yogurt Pupsicles
These tasty frozen strawberry yogurt dog treats from Chef Kiki Kane are the perfect dessert-style treat for your pup.
- Unsweetened frozen strawberries
- Plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- Add a handful (4-6) of frozen strawberries to a blender.
- Add 2 ounces of yogurt and 2 ounces of water to the blender.
- Blend ingredients together – you can add more water if needed, but it’s OK for there to be chunks of strawberry.
- Spoon mixture into ice cube tray, baking molds or popsicle molds and freeze.
If you don’t have strawberries on hand, you can substitute blueberries or another human food that dogs can eat.
2. Fruit & Broth Pupsicles
Fruit and bone broth might not sound appealing, but dogs don’t seem to mind! Our Bountiful Bone Broth has anti-inflammatory ingredients like turmeric and cinnamon, plus collagen and amino acids to support gut and joint health.
- 1 cup Bountiful Bone Broth (any flavor)
- 1 ripe banana
- 10 strawberries, cut in half
- Add all ingredients together to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds or an ice cube tray and freeze.
If you don’t have strawberries, you can substitute a different type of fruit. Raspberries, watermelon, cantaloupe, peaches, mango, and blueberries are all safe for dogs, but don’t use grapes. Learn more about human foods dogs can’t eat.
3. Superfood Pupsicles
These pupsicles include spirulina, a type of algae full of antioxidants, and iron-rich spinach, which can help with digestion.
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1 cup Bountiful Bone Broth (any flavor)
- 1 Tbsp. spirulina
- Small handful of spinach
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
- Freeze in popsicle molds, baking molds or an ice cube tray.
Stella’s Frozen Peanut Butter & Bacon Pupcakes (A.K.A. Biscuits & Cream)
What dog wouldn’t love a peanut butter pupcake?! This recipe is a breeze to make for any special occasion.
- 1 cup dry Stella & Chewy’s kibble (any recipe)
- 1/4 cup Stella & Chewy’s Bountiful Bone Broth (any recipe)
- 2 cups plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup xylitol-free creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Stella & Chewy’s Crav’n Bac’n Bites (any recipe)
- 1/4 cup Stella & Chewy’s Marie’s Magical Dinner Dust (any recipe)
- 6 Stella & Chewy’s Raw Coated Biscuits (any recipe)
- In a cupcake tin, place 6 cupcake papers and set aside.
- Combine kibble and bone broth in food processor until coarsely chopped.
- Place approx. 2 TB of mixture at the bottom of each cupcake holder and pat down lightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, peanut butter and Bacon Bites and carob chips (optional) and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon approx. ½ cup of yogurt mixture into each prepared cupcake holder.
- Sprinkle each with S&C magical dinner dust and top with a Raw Coated Biscuit (optional).
- Place in freezer overnight.
- Serve on a nice warm day or for any Stellabration! Remember to remove the wrapper from the pupcake and place in bowl or hold patiently and enjoy the lickfest!
Easy 3-Ingredient Puppy Meatballs
These super simple meatballs are packed with protein and the delicious taste dogs crave. No spaghetti required! Make them heart-shaped for a little extra Valentine’s Day flair.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchmant paper (may need two baking sheets depending on size).
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl with hands until evenly mixed.
- Roll by hand into 1″ meatballs (can be smaller or larger to your preference).
- Take the meatballs and roll them Marie’s Magical Dinner Dust for extra tasty coating.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes. Keep your eye on the ball! Cook time may vary depending on meatball size-less for small, more for large.
- Cool before serving. Refrigerate in airtight container for 3 days or freeze any leftovers.
Mutt Lovers Pizza
Who doesn’t love a good pizza? Make this mutt lovers pizza for your pooch this Valentine’s Day, and make the crust heart-shaped to show a little extra love!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup Stella & Chewy’s Bountiful Bone Broth (any recipe)
- 1 pouch Stella’s Shredrs (any recipe; broth strained)
- Stella & Chewy’s Wild Red Jerky Nuggets (to taste)
- Stella & Chewy’s Crav’n Bac’n Bites (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix Bone Broth and egg. Add Flour and continue to mix.
- Roll out dough.
- Place on pizza pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Add toppings to pizza, cut, and serve.
Did your dog fall in love with one of these treats? Let us know on social media, or share this post with a friend!
Be sure to check out our article with more fun ideas on how to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your dog or cat.
Sign up and save $3
Get the occasional email with exclusive offers, content and adorable pet pics!
By entering your information, you are opting in to receive communication from Stella & Chewy's