As pet parents, we love to involve our dogs and cats in every aspect of our lives. Pride Month celebrations are no exception! Here are a few simple ways you can celebrate Pride this year, including some fun activities to do with your pet.
There are plenty of ways to celebrate Pride Month with your pet! If your dog or cat is a social butterfly, consider taking them to your local pride parade to enjoy the festivities. If your pet is a little more on the introverted side, host a pet-friendly Pride Party at home featuring an LGBTQIA+ playlist or an LGBTQIA+ movie marathon. You can even kick things up a notch with some colorful outfits for both you and your pet.
Whether you’re celebrating at home or out on the town, bringing your dog a treat is always a good idea. Try our Pet-Safe Pride Cookie recipe!
- 1/2 Cup Bountiful Bone Broth
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Smooth Xylitol-Free Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Corn Starch
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 Tsp Honey
- Pet-Safe Food Dye (Refer to your food dye’s packaging for recommended amount)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the peanut butter and bone broth together.
- Add the whole wheat flour a little at a time and mix.
- Form into a ball and roll out.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut cookies into whatever shape your dog loves, then bake 15-18 minutes.
- To make Pride-themed cookie frosting, combine corn starch, water, honey, and pet-safe food dye in a rainbow of colors. Spread over tops of cookies and serve to your pet!
We always encourage donations to local and national LGBTQIA+ organizations. Supporting the LGBTQIA+ community via monetary donations, material donations, or by volunteering your time is an excellent way to show your support. This year, Stella & Chewy’s is proud to announce our donation to PFLAG, an organization that is creating a caring, just, and affirming world for LGBTQIA+ people and those who love them. While we recommend donating to an organization that speaks to your heart, we do have a few suggestions for those who aren’t sure where to start:
- Pride Foundation
- The Trevor Project
- Out & Equal
- National Center for Transgender Equality
- Outright International
When it comes to showing support for any marginalized group of people, empathy and understanding are key. Taking the time to educate yourself about the history of the LGBTQIA+ community and the obstacles they face today is crucial to understanding. Looking for reputable education resources? We recommend the following:
Stella & Chewy’s Supports the LGBTQIA+ Community
At Stella & Chewy’s, we stand by our company value of “All Breeds Welcome,” meaning we’re committed to contributing to a more diverse, inclusive world. Whether it’s through supporting an LGBTQIA+ owned business, attending a local Pride event (catch us at the Milwaukee Pride Parade!), or simply by being a positive force in your community, we encourage you to join us in spreading love and acceptance. From all of us at Stella & Chewy’s, Happy Pride Month!
Sign up and save $3
Get the occasional email with exclusive offers, content and adorable pet pics!
By entering your information, you are opting in to receive communication from Stella & Chewy's